Nearly ready. 2 more sleeps!

I have all my gear out on the bed. Cycling gear, shorts and longs. base layers and underbase layers, over base layers and over over base layers. Rain Jackets, Suncream, Mozzie deterrent and thermal silver blanket.
Cause this blooming weather could send anything!
Hail, Rain, Sun or snow!!
Ive no doubt we will get the whole ball of wax in the next 12 days or so.
I don't know why I'm surprised or irritated. Cause I don't know what to pack. But its nothing new!
5 times I've done this already and I should know by now. Its always a rollercoaster of weather and I have to cover for all eventualities!
Im not sure what the reason is. But as I get older I'm getting more organised! I have a plastic bag for socks, one for gloves (winter and fingerless), one for base layers, one for charger cables, one for jerseys and one for shorts!
Nothing worse than when you are rushing out in the morning to catch the group before they leave, than to be rooting through bags for a clean pair of socks. Oh! and a bag for dirty washing!!
Very important. Otherwise you end ups smelling like a dog with 4 day old smelly socks on!
Getting worried about the toiletries tho. Year one, I had a razor and a toothbrush. Now? its like I raided Boots ands escaped with a selection of creams, potions and various samples of water based wipes and rags, tablets, pills and elixers reminiscent of an Elmer Gantry stageshow! (Don't ask!)

Both Lullabel and Mimi threw the toys out of the pram today. Lullabel has been showing signs of her age, or so I thought! Been creaking from all corners these last few spins. Like as if her joints were about to break. So I decide to sent her to the bike doctor for a check up. Thinking I might have to bring Mimi with her 11/28 instead of the sure footed 11/32 lullabel.
Took Mimi out this morning. Would have thought she would have been gloating at Lu's misfortune. Cause she carried me well. Got me up some of those hills that Hugh designated this morning. Spun me down the descents and had me singing her praises. Then all of a sudden, gave me a taste of "sprocket freewheel mishap" and groaned and growled all the way home, threatening to leave me on the side of the road.
I tell you, she did herself no favours today. And as Lullabel was exiting the 'doctors' with a clean bill of health. The other tramp was being frogmarched, minus her frame and front wheel, right in there! The dye is cast now. Its Lu with the 11/32! Poetry!
The saga continues.
I need more time! Only one day left to get everything done! I just hate it when I'm up against it, time wise. Still! Im looking forward to getting on the road. 10 days of cycling with a lot of my old Cycle Against Suicide friends who I haven't seen for a year. Nothing to think about but getting up in the morning with nothing on my mind except pulling on my gear and hitting the road.
What a wonderful thing it is to be able to ride a bike!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Carrick-on-shannon to Mullingar 90km

Ballina to Carrick-on-Shannon