Cycle against Suicide Trip Around Ireland. April/May 2018

Here I go again!
Year  six!!
What started as a good cycling test back in 2013 has morphed into an annual pilgrimage to the alter of "It's ok not to feel ok and it's ok to ask for help"
It's been a horrible winter. And here, now on 17th of April 2018, it's howling a gale outside. We have had it all this winter, including the worst snow in my memory and the cold has been endless.
With less than 2 weeks to go, the forecast is for improving weather at least for this week. But who knows what the 10 days of this years cycle will bring. No doubt we will have a bit of everything and if we get that ....well what could be better.
I hadn't planned to do this one. After last year I vowed that that was me done. Things have changed in CAS and I'm not sure it's for the better. But... It's in my blood now and I'm looking forward to getting on the road again.
I turned 70 last month and I'm not feeling it physically. Whatever about mentally, but I can manage that too.
The route this year is Dublin,Navan,Newry,Belfast, Omagh, Ballyshannon, Ballina, Carrick on Shannon, Mullingar, Swords. 10 days and about 900km.
Looking forward to it.
Because of the bad winter training has not been what it should have been. Less miles in the legs and less days in the saddle. But, nothing to be done about that now. Hopefully there will be a few good days before the 28th April and some training will be done. As always, training will be done on the road but work now would get me over the first couple of days without too much suffering.
Remains to be seen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Carrick-on-shannon to Mullingar 90km

Ballina to Carrick-on-Shannon